Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My panasonic scpt480eb displays remote 2 have instruction

My panasonic scpt480eb displays remote 2 have instruction manual and can't change it back to remote 1 with the remote
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Just to confirm, these are the instructions you are doing to switch back to remote 1?
Press Radio, Ext-In to select Aux
Press and hold play (the right pointing triangle) on the unit and 1 on the remote
Press and hold ok and 1 for 2 seconds.
Is this the process you have been following?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there yes have done this I have to press button on unit to get aux as anything I press on remote just won't change from remote 2 I have changed batteries as well thanks
ok, unplug the unit from the power (so remove the cable to the power socket).
Then wait 10 minutes.
Connect the power, turn it on and tell me if you are now able to do my instructions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hiya yes done that and it's still showing remote 2 won't budge thanks
You only have one remote for the unit correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes apart from another panasonic remote I have that went with another blue ray player the number on the back of the other remote is n2qakb000073 slightly different appearance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But can't remember what the player was I know it was just upright one unit built in speakers
ok, and doing my instructions you cannot even get to select Aux correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can get aux if I press the button on unit but not on remote
yes, all my instructions you do on the unit, not on the remote.
Have you been doing them on the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to get the aux on the unit but rest on remote there is no numbers or okay on unit
ok, I think your misreading the instructions, as some are on the unit and some on the remote as I indicate. I repeated and capitalized what I think you missed
Press Radio, Ext-In to select Aux
Press and hold play (the right pointing triangle) ON THE? UNIT and 1 on the REMOTE
Press and hold ok(THE STOP BUTTON SQUARE ON THE UNIT) and 1 ON THE REMOTE for 2 seconds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep done that nothing I will turn off again for ten min as I wasn't pressing square button before was pressing okay on remote will come back in ten thanks
ok, and make sure to do it exactly as I indicated please, as it has to be this procedure.
Press Radio, Ext-In to select Aux
Press and hold play (the right pointing triangle) ON THE? UNIT and 1 on the REMOTE (unit displays remote 2)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely nothing still remote 2
ok, then the firmware is the issue and we try to reset it.
To do this, first can you switch the unit to the source DVD?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay done
ok, now press and hold the square button on the unit and >10 on the remote control until initialized dissapears from the TV.
Then turn the unit off and on again
Tell me if this sets it then to remote 1 please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have got the tv on dvd have done that but just says no disc nothing happening just to let you know I have an optical to the sky box and hdmi to tv and also hdmi to tv from sky box
you pressed and held the square button on the unit and >10 on the remote control?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
It is the internal memory that has faulted. Its the only cause left for this
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the reinstalling now, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to not process the commands.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thanks only bought yesterday second hand the thing is it worked yesterday it was me that changed it to remote 2 does that still mean it's broken then thanks
It will not even reset, and you would have to do the initial procedure we did using 2 instead of 1 to change it to 2 so you should then be able to do the procedure again to change it back to one. Its the same procedure just with the numbers changed.
As we had issues having you do the procedure correctly initially, I am doubting you did the change, and that it changed itself via this issue, but, regardless, no matter the software problem, the reset would have worked, which confirms it as a hardware issue with the memory.