nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

On trying to play videos recorded to Gallery on my Samsung

On trying to play videos recorded to Gallery on my Samsung Chrome I get the message can't play video".
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Can you please clarify what is the device on which you are unable to play videos.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Galaxy Core Prime Model number SM-G360F
Have you tried switching off the phone and then trying again to see if they are playing or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried without success.
Is it happening to all the videos stored in your gallery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please stand by
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just checked. Some Gallery videos will play. Some won't. One lengthy Gallery video plays almost to the end until the Can't play videos message appears.
The ones which are playing till the end and then stops, did they ever played fully? Because this happens when some kind of error occurs during download process.Try installing MX Player app from the Play store and try to play the videos through it. Because sometimes there are some specific formats that cannot be played by Samsung phones.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All the Gallery videos have earlier played to the end - but not now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To sum up the situation - some of the Gallery videos will play and some won't although at one time soon after being recorded ALL of them played satisfactorily.
Are you using sd card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you mean Memory Card the answer is Yes.
Remove the memory card and then check the gallery. Do you find such videos which are not playing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BTW - Don't want to switch to phone mode because I hope to print off this session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm afraid I'm not confident enough to remove the Memory Card in a hurry while on-line to you. What should I do? End this connection and follow your advice A, To download the MX Player from Playstore and B, Remove the Memory Card and then check the Gallery videos? But before you go - any further suggestions would be welcomed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What should I check for with the Memory Card out.
First without removing memory card, download MX player and check. If you get the same error, then remove the memory card and check the gallery. You don't need to end this session. You can login back to justanswer and continue from where you left.
Check the gallery. Or make any video with the memory card out and see if you get the error while playing it or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I have some time to follow those steps? I'm an absolute novice. Could I check in again, say, tomorrow, and resume. And how do I print off this session?
Yes you can take your time and reply when you have followed all the steps. Rate the chat POSITIVELY once you feel satisfied with the service. My payments depends on your rating. Thanks. Cheers!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. How do I rate this session. And print it off.
You will see stars on the top panel of the chat. Click those stars to ate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I now see the ratings box. But can I print this session?
This chat will be available in your justanswer account whenever you log into your account.
Thanks for the rating. Reply back when you are done with these steps that I gave you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nathan, we talked the other day about certain videos in my Samsung Galaxy Chrome Gallery which would not play while other appeared OK. One of your suggestions was to Unmount the Memory or SD card and see if they played efficiently. In fact, on Un-mounting the SD card I got a message stating No Files which would seem to suggest the videos are ALL on the SD card. Problem remains. Any further ideas?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there,comrade?
Has the data stored on your sd card crossed 10gb mark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ah, welcome back. Negative to 10gb question. Nowhere near. .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
14 gb card and hardly used.
What about MX player?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MX player installed but problem remained.
Download a software named H2TestW from google. This software will verify your sd card.
Check it once and reply if the verification is successful or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Shall I sign off and do it and come back to you? You must be getting awfully fed-up with this problem.
Its my duty to solve your problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm getting a box saying h2testw for android and another saying h2testw android app - which one do I click on?
Put the sd card into the phone and install the app.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Afraid I'm lost again, Nathan. Can't see where to install from -- so many h2testw boxes available.
Download it from here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm so sorry, Nathan, I'm going to have to leave you. Too confused to carry on. Perhaps another day, eh?
Ok as you wish. I will be available here only.