michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My iPad screen has gone very milky but the colour comes back

My iPad screen has gone very milky but the colour comes back when it has been on for a couple of hours.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.how old is the ipad?since how long the problem started with.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pad is about 2years old.
Try to backup your data and then we will reset the ipad to factory settings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Trying to backup now.
let me know once backup is done then we will try the factory reset.let me know the ipad model number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's an ipad2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Backup finished.
ok give me a minute.
http://www.hard-reset.com/apple-ipad-2-hard-reset.html
open the link and follow the hard reset steps.let me know if you find any problem following the steps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have to erase all contents and settings.
yes that is correct.
i believe you have backed up your data.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I'm waiting for iCloud to restore everything.
alright
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looks like it is going to take nearly an hour to restore things so will let you go on. Thanks for your help,very much appreciated. May be in touch again if this doesn't work. Thanks again. Alan.
It should work and if the dim screen problem persist then you will have to get the display replaced and if the ipad is under warranty you can get it replaced for free. The problem should be fixed after the reset however if it has not dimmed till now and you are restoring the data the problem should be.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will,thanks. Take care. Alan
Thank you for using our service. Have a good day. Michelle
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know who to contact now. Many thanks for your help.Have a good weekend.Take care.Alan.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer