Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer

I have a Panasonic cordless phone model KX-A145EMwhich has

I have a Panasonic cordless phone model KX-A145EMwhich has a crossed out phone at bottom of screen. My wife pressed a wrong button. I have no dial tone. How do I fix this
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You have call bar on. To turn this off, Press the center of the joystick, then select the phone and press ok.
Select Call Option then press ok twice
Enter 0000 (default pin)n then turn it off and it will again function
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which is the OK button
Its on the screen, you see OK and you press the button under it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done what you suggested and have got rid of the call bar symbol. Now I have no dial tone. Could the phone be on mute
are you able to receive calls?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The phone rings but we cannot hear anything.
ok, you need to scroll through the menu until you see the speaker icon with a line through it which is mute.
Turn this off and it should then function.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot find the speaker icon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The link doesn't work. I know the icon you are referring to, but I can't see it in the phone menu. Could you tell me which options to open in the menu in order to find it?
strange as I tested the link on a few computers, but its the 9th option, after the magnifying glass.
Try to download it from here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok that opened, but which page in the manual should I refer to?
please check page 9 of the manual and you will see the icon I am referring to