Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer

My Epson SX218 prints perfectly but lately it has started to

My Epson SX218 prints perfectly but lately it has started to print very slowly-it takes
5 minutes or longer to print one page.Can you help please?
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is this happening from just one computer or all computers printing to this printer?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just one computer
ok, so to check, on all other computers it prints ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
never used with other computers
ok, make a copy directly on the printer, how does it function then?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It prints well but very slowly
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still operating very slowly
It is the internal drive motor that has faulted. It will in the future stop working at all.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired, then I would advise you either try to continue to use it or replace the entire printer as with the cost of printers at the moment, repairing it is not worth it.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.