Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My panasonic TX-L39E6BK smart tv isn't working. It has been

My panasonic TX-L39E6BK smart tv isn't working. It has been saying "no signal" for several days, ever since I disconnected my PS4. I have reconnected my PS4 to it, and that works. I can connect to the internet, I can play Netflix and BBC iplayer. But still "no signal" for ordinary TV.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Do you get ordinary TV channels through antenna or any satellite box?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Through antenna
OK, what happens when push TV button on remote to select TV mode?OR push Channel button or numeric button on TV remote?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If i press Tv button, it says analogue in the top left corner. If i press it again it says DVB in the same place.
OK, select DVB, does it show picture or screen stays black?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is still black - with the channel number and name (e.g. 12 DAVE) at the bottom.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think there is a bit of a problem with the website, I'm not getting your responses until several minutes after you post them. So if you can call me that might be better?
OK, it seems some error has occurred in TV internal software (firmware), please unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset it, replug back in and check if it fix the issue?If problem persist then need to restore TV to default settings then run auto program/ auto setup so TV can perform fresh channel scan. Please press Menu and go to Setup menu then System Menu and select Shipping Condition and press OK to restore the TV to default settings, when done then.....typing an answer, hold your replies please......
Please press Menu and go to Setup menu then System Menu and select Shipping Condition and press OK to restore the TV to default settings, when done then unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes, replug and turn On the TV to get initial setup screen where you can run auto setup so TV will scan all available channels through aerial.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i'll unplug now. And I'll respond later either way.
Sure, take your time.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I've done all of that and it says No stations found. please connect your aerial.
Sorry to hear that, please make sure aerial pin is plugged securely at back of TV and if it is fine then I'm afraid it is tuner failure issue which has stopped working to receive and process signals through aerial/antenna.
Replacement of tuner/ main board of TV is needed to resolve the problem and TV would need to take in repair shop and may cost your good money, there is an alternate solution, get set-top box that would have builtin tuner, connect its AV/HDMI out into TV, plug the aerial into set-top box and select correct AV/HDMI input in TV to get set-top box menu screen there you can run channel scan within set-top box with its remote to get available channels and keep watching it on TV.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could it not be an aerial problem?
It could be that is why I asked to first check aerial pin is plugged securely in TV, another test is to connect another TV (if possible) at same aerial point to confirm the aerial, its cable and RF pin etc to make sure aerial is working fine with other TV.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pin is securely in TV, but how do I find out if its a problem with the aerial on the roof?
Plug the aerial pin into another working TV, if TV shows channels then aerial is good.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, you said that, but I haven't got another tv
I wish if I could do that from here, please check with friends/ neighbors to get a working TV for few minutes to test the aerial performance which will help you to move forward.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks