How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Engineer
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 43344
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Richard is online now

I have a Panasonic NV-DS300 camcorder and wish to download

This answer was rated:

I have a Panasonic NV-DS300 camcorder and wish to download into my desktop pc. I cannot find any suppliers of the " Panasonic Personal Computer Connection kit" on the internet. Can I use the DV connection with a VWCD1E firewire cable to download to the pc ?
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes you can as its going to send the signal over this cable. Just make sure you have a capture program in order to record the output such as Avid Pinnacle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not a pc expert. I guess I could find out what the Avid Pinnacle program is from the internet. I cannot find an import port for the VWCD1E cable on the Dell computer - what am I looking for?
Is there anywhere I could purchase the "Panasonic PC Connection kit" or an alternative version of this ?
The kit they do not make, but you need a firewire port.
Whats the model of the Dell computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The computer is a Dell Vostro 410 desktop. The back connectors are shown at Vostro 410 .... There are several free USB's at the front. There are 2 free connectors in an expansion card slot at the back.
If I understand you correctly, there is no way I can download videos from my Panasonic NV-DS30 camcorder to the Dell computer. Is this correct ?
Correct as it does not have a firewire port, you either will need to get a firewire card, or a computer that has one
Richard and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you