Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer

I havwe lost all channels on my tv except BBC. I have reprogrammed

I havwe lost all channels on my tv except BBC. I have reprogrammed 3 times b ut no luck. Any sugtgestions please.
thank you
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and retune tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok will let you know-thanks
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it didn't work-only showed a total of 23 programes when I retuned it. I have turned it off again and will try a second time.
Do you have another TV there? As I want you to connect it to the same source to see if it can get them to rule out any issues with the cable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have another, I will go and try to see if that works ok-will come back to you.
Thank you Ellen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the 2nd tv appears to be working ok.
ok, but on the same cable you have the problem TV connected to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i think that they are on seperate cables but connected to the same ariel. I have swtiched the tv back on but it is still only showing 23 chanels programmed. it has lost all itv and commercial chanels just show BBC chanels.
ok, but the exercise is to test the cable the problem TV is connected toSo I want you please to connect the working TV on the same cable connection as the problem TV, so move it to the problem TV and connect it then tell me if it gets the channels please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the tv's are in seperate rooms and it is not possible for me to move one to the other. I think that I will need to get someone out to look and see what the problem is. thank you for your help to date.
ok, we can try something else and come back to this if needed.Whats the make and model of the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its a sony bravia
ok, can you give me the full model please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry but its not on the front of the tv and i cannot get to the back-this is not going well is it!
ok, go to Settings (menu), and look for Reset, or Return to shipping conditions.Do you see this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I have been to the reset . when i go through the options and find digital retune which i do . i have also checked the list of chanels and i can see that all the itv etc., chanels have all dissappeared and are not tuned in.
ok, so you have done the reset correct?Can you try to use the cable from the working TV, disconnect it and use it on the non working TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is working- have tried everything once again.thanks