Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic smart to that will not tells me I need Internet

I have a Panasonic smart to that will not tells me I need Internet connection to access the apps. I've went through the connection set up again successfully but it still won't connect to Netflix etc. It was working fine earlier
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there another way to get the model number as TV is wall mounted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TX48AX630B
Yes, please check TV user manual copy if still around.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it's the TX48AX630B
Thanks, ***** ***** tried any other app in TV instead of Netflix?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it won't open any app. It says "Your TV needs an Internet connection for you to enjoy Apps and services"
OK, when you go through quick-setup under menu > Network > Network Connection, is the wizard finished successfully to establish wifi connection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it shows a diagram of TV to Router to Internet all connected. It says "Connection to the Internet was successful" I then click exit and try the apps and it comes up with previous message
This is odd, after successful connection TV should work - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I switch it off at the socket as TV is wall mounted and can't access power cord?
Sure, all it needs to cut the AC supply to TV for few minutes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok it's off now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long should I leave the power off for?
Nice, wait 10 minutes, replug back in and check wifi internet connection on TV and run any application.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Will you still be here in 10 minutes?
Yes, I'm online and with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its still coming up with same message
OK, how long TV been not working for internet apps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was working a few hours ago.
This is odd, is it possible for you to access your Netflix account through PC as a test to check if it works and you get video streaming through PC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Netflix works on my tablet
OK, it seems Panasonic server is down/ has gone under maintenance that works for builtin apps in TV. I would recommend to try again after couple of hours. Server works as hub and TV app directly goes to that hub server to connect to website.Does it make sense?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So it affects all Panasonic smart TVs at the moment?
Correct, another Panasonic customer from UK is also having same issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yea indeed. A friend is having the same trouble with his. Thank you
If I recall correctly, few months back Samsung had similar issue and we got many many Samsung customers asking my Samsung TV isn't working, that situation went around 12 hours then all got set. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.