How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask p0llinate Your Own Question
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 28425
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
p0llinate is online now

I have a cambridge sound works speekers slim 500, the wired

Customer Question

I have a cambridge sound works speekers slim 500, the wired volume controler is faulty and goes off and on, can it be repared or can i get another one?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Gus. Unfortunately neither of these is going to be practical or feasible. As you know this is a very old system, from 2001. It is not supported in any form any longer, there are no parts available, and it would cost twice as much in labor alone to repair as it would to buy a whole new speaker system. While you could set up a search alert on ebay, chances are that you'll never find one just due to the age, as most of these systems failed completely and ended up in the trash years ago. I can recommend a replacement system for you though, if you'd like. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan