Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.

Locked out Cannot get past Passcode

Locked out Cannot get past Passcode
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your iPhone?Do you remember your passcode?What's the error or message when putting in your passcode?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot get past Passcode
When you enter the passcode, does it show the dots? i.e., Does it let you enter your passcode number?What's the error or message, if any, after entering the code?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No message
Thank you. Please try this first solution: Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check. Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
If that does not work, please try:If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to power off.Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first: the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After 10 or 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.Click Restore / factory reset, and continue.Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier: you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Much too complicated for me my daughter is coming over tonight to, hopefully, sort me out.
You're welcome. OK, you can have her try my suggestions. Please let me know how it goes any time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter fixed it by putting in a different Passcode.She said that it just came into her head thinking of dates relating to me. so we didn't need to connect up to the computer etc. Anyway thank you for your trouble and sorry for being a nuisance.
You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you very much.