Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung LW20M2 television. I recently had superfast

Hi - I have a Samsung LW20M2 television. I recently had superfast wireless broadband installed and after some problems it worked. Now suddenly, when I am using Netflix, the TV suddenly cuts out and restarts and there is no TV signal. It happens al the time and i have to wait until it resets itself before starting the process all over again. Can you help please? James ***********
Hi there James and welcomeIs this only happening with the Netflix app? Or it happens when you are watching normal TV as well?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard,i happens when watching i player/catchup tv too I think but not when watching normal TV unless I have tried to access an online service which messes the whole thing up.
Thank you Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Please allow me 5 minutes to call you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard - same problem occurred having done what you suggested.
Can you tell me the make and model of your internet modem please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a BT branded (British telecom) router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Home Hub 5 type A
ThanksOn the back of it is a reset button.Using a paperclip, hold the button on for 10 seconds then release.Then wait 5 minutes, power off the TV, power it on and tell me how it then functions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DOne as you said using restart button but same problem..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You there Richard? Can you ring again please
Sorry James, but the time you replied I was not onlineLaunch the Netflix app.Using the arrows on your remote, enter the following sequence:Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, UpSelect Deactivate.Then open it again and tell me if it now functions correctly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am at work currently. To be honest I don't know how to launch the Netflix app. Could you ring me after 6.30 UK time please Richard?
launching the App is when you open it, but send me a message when you have time for this please and I can call
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ready now R
ok, so open the Netflix appUsing the arrows on your remote, enter the following sequence:Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, UpSelect Deactivate.Then open it again and tell me if it now functions correctly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but this doesn't make sense to me.where does deactivate appear?
when you do the instructions on the remote, so you open netflixThen on your remote pressUp, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up Then select Deactive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried doing that .where is deactivate? On remote or screen?
On the screen of the TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unintelligible?
sorry I don't get your response James, give me 10 minutes and Ill call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should have read : ininstall
No idea sorry what your saying, can you give me your number James?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***********
calling
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard. Still having problems with the TV. I think it is the set itself as I am having problems just watching digital TV channels - it just shuts off and loses reception suddenly.
Thanks, ***** ***** it It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you