Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer

I have a Sony Android Bravia TV, model KDL50W755c, and have

I have a Sony Android Bravia TV, model KDL50W755c, and have fitted a microphone to the USB port to use the Google voice command feature but note that a 'speak' button (graphic Id:microphone), which I've read is usually at the top left of the remote control, is not present. The Sony remote I currently have is model RMT-TX1000D.
Is there a workaround using this remote, eg., pressing another button or two buttons simultaneously, to activate the microphone please? If no, what model remote control will I need to purchase please?
Hi there Colin and welcomeI have checked the specifications for this TV, and no where does it indicate that it can interface with a microphone or that it utilizes Google Voice.Can I ask please why you believe it does?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
When I select the Remote Control (RC) Home button a microphone symbol shows at the top left of the new screen. If I then click the RC Up Arrow button 'click to speak' text appears to the right of the microphone symbol. If I then press the RC Select button the screen changes showing text 'Listening...' with 4 'wobbling' coloured dots at the top of the screen.
Since asking the question on my.justanswer I've found a Sony Android App called 'Video & TV Sideview : Remote' which when installed onto my Sony Xperia mobile phone and registered to the TV through my Wi-Fi network provides me with a Sony TV RC function and has the microphone button which is missing from the Sony RC which arrived with the TV.
So now, since last evening, if I want to 'talk' with my TV I use the App on my Smartphone....and it works brilliantly. ūüėÄ
ok, strange as nothing is mentioned with this in the specifications, but they may have added it later.Do you have action on your remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you Richard.
The solution I've found works well and I'm content to stick with it.
Your welcomeIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
This was my first time using my.justanswer so I'd appreciate some guidance before I give my rating.
A) Given that you were unable to help with my problem and I found the solution myself do I get a repayment, either full or part?
B) In the rating, am I rating the web-site or you the expert?
I await your guidance.
Thanks Richard
1) you can contact customer service if at any time you wish for a refund2) You are rating my service to you, how I communicated ect, not the websiteIf you need anything else Colin, please let me knowThanks!