nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Fujifilm X10 My menu screen is blank and non responsive. can

Fujifilm X10
My menu screen is blank and non responsive. can this be easily corrected. Was working okay this morning however has gone blank - camera still operational however I cannot obviously correct settings in any way or display pictures.

Hi. Welcome to justanswer.

Turn it off. Remove the battery and memory card. Now put the battery back but don`t insert the memory card. Now turn it on. Check if it is still unresponsive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now completely unresponsive - no battery light - the battery was charged overnight last night - with memory card in the battery light is coming up.

Does completely unresponsive means that the camera is not turning on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
camera is not turning on with the battery inserted without the memory card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction camera is turning on - no lights or indicators when the battery is inserted

Okay then insert the card and check again. If you have any other sd card then insert that one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ahead of you - have just inserted a tried and tested card and still have no menu display or screen display.

Is the camera under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May have expired ...... I am guessing your next suggestion is that there is a technical fault and camera cannot be corrected by any button pressing...... grr - need this for big photo day tomorrow. Thank you

Try pressing the Menu/Ok bitton for 5-10 seconds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response after pressing menu/ok button for 10 secs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you look at the screen in darkened room there is some contrast on the display screen - no pics or symbols - guessing the LCD is malfunctioning.

Maybe there are some loose connections either the LCD`s or the power button. This will require dissembling the camera which can be done by taking it to a local repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - sadly local repairs for cameras are non existent - it will need sending off to Fuji!! Bad timing as I really needed a decent camera tomorrow.

There are many repair centers which offer to repair the camera. You can either contact them or can book a service at FUJI`s repair center.

CLICK HERE TO BOOK A SERVICE AT FUJI

If you urgently need a camera for tomorrow then you can take one on rent until your camera is repaired.

Do you have any query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help Nathan. I will take it to Jessops.....Kind regards

Yes that would be the best thing to do.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

Hi, just checking in. How did things turn out?