nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

I have a medion lifetab model 92720 - the keyboard keeps

I have a medion lifetab model 92720 - the keyboard keeps disappearing. Every time I try to type the keyboard goes blank and I have to try to guess where the missing letters are. Can this be fixed?

Hi Siobhan. Welcome to justanswer.

Go to Settings-About tab. Check for updates. If there are any then install them. If there are not then reply so that further assistance can be provided.

Hi Siobhan, just checking in. How did things turn out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay - I have checked for updates and am being told that the system is up to date.

Go to Settings- Apps. Do you see any app named Google Keyboard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is an app named Google Keyboard

Click it. Tap Force stop. Confirm it. Then tap Clear data. Again confirm it. Now come back to home screen. Open any app to type to check if the keyboard is still disappearing or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did all that - keyboard still disappearing

Check the tab in safe mode if it still crashes or not. To boot the tab in safe mode, long press the power button until the power options menu appears (i.e power off, airplane mode, restart). Now touch and hold the Power off option. You will then be asked to reboot into safe mode. Tap OK button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did all of that. Keyboard still disappearing.

Okay. Again go to Settings-Apps. tap Google keyboard and tap uninstall updates.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much - that worked. Keyboard is intact. But will this continue to happen? I have McAfee security software on the tablet and this updates every time I turn it on.

Maybe due to this antivirus, it is behaving like this. But it won't happen again.

If it does, then you know now what to do.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.