nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

I have just installed a Panasonic DVD S500 player. Region 2

I have just installed a Panasonic DVD S500 player. Region 2 DVDs play fine but, how do I change to Region 1. If I insert a Region 1disc I just get a message saying "incorrect" disc. Help, please. Thanks.

Hi Margaret. Welcome to justanswer.

Does this happen with all the Region 1 DVDs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I want to know is how do I programme the dvd player to play Region 1 discs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just tell me what to do please. The tv in question is upstairs, I am downstairs and partially disabled using the stairs is a problem for me.

Actually in multi region dvd player, the discs are played automatically. There is no need to change the region as the dvds play by themselves . Please contact the seller from where you bought this player.

You can try this:

Put DVD into player - wait for regional code violation screen to appear
Once this has occurred press the M (Memory) button on your remote
Press 1 for Title 1 and Play on the remote - this will over-ride the regional code violation detection menu
You can watch the movie by pressing Fwd on remote and change chapters by using the T (Title/Chapter) button on the remote)

Switch On DVD player without disc in machine
Press Enter
Press 8, 4, 2, 6 and 9
Press Enter
Player should turn itself Off. If not switch it Off
Switch player back On

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan. Sorry I had to leave computer. When my husband gets back home I will try your suggestions and get back to you. Sorry to be a pain.

It`s Ok Margaret. Follow these steps. If this fails, I will give you one other method. Hope it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried both of your suggestions and afraid none have worked. I can't find the "memory" button on the remote! How do we go about using secure remote ?

Try this then:

1. Be sure players drive is empty (nodISC)
2. Enter following key sequence using remote control:

Enter, 6, >=10, <<, 00F2, Audio, 8, 1, Subtitle, 4

Where did you buy this DVD player from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amazon. supplied by EXECUTIVEZ Panasonic DVD S500

Was this specified on the box covering of the DVD player that it is multi-region?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And what error do you get when you put Region 1 disc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Incorrect Region disc

Okay. Try this process then. This will solve the issue.

1. Power on the unit and open the disc tray
2. Using the remote that came with the player, press the following buttons in sequence
3. AUDIO 1 9 8 2
5. Using the other Panasonic Remote (not the one that came with the player), press the PAUSE button
6. On the remote that came with the DVD player, press the 0 (zero) button

Now put any Region 1 DVD to check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this but don't have another Panasonic remote just the one that came with the player. The TV is a LOGIC I am beginning to think I should send the darned thing back and try another machine.

If you have the option to return, then according to me that would be the best thing to do. As in multi region dvd players, no programming is required to make the player region free.

Press the pause button from your tv remote.

Would you like to rate my service positively?

Do you require remote assistance?

Margaret are you there?