nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

I have a Samsung Note Edge and I'm getting a pop up every

I have a Samsung Note Edge and I'm getting a pop up every second " Unfortunately, Cocktailbar service has stopped. How do I prevent this. Also I unable to go into Edge Settings. The two are probably linked

Hi Roger. Welcome to justanswer.

Try changing a different theme. Go to Settings-Themes and choose a different one. After that check if you still get the error. Reply for further assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no Settings-themes on the Note Edge

Have you checked for any available updates?

To change themes, Go to Settings. Under Personal tab, do you see Themes?

Changing the theme to default corrects this error in most cases.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do realise this is a Samsung Note Edge Mobile phone. Notabof Personal under settings. I cannot access the Edge settings and that's obviously part of the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No tab of Personal under settings

Try turning on your device in safe mode.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power and Volume down key.
  3. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  4. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  5. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm in safe mode but still get the Message

Now go to Settings. Do you see APPS icon?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot now access settings, pull down from opening page and see settings roundle (icon) but pressing it does nothing

Then Hard reset your phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I.e. Take out battery

No. It is a procedure to wipe all the data. If you want to proceed then let me know so that I can guide you through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it looks like I'll have to do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok proceed

Remove the battery, then put it back in. (Don't turn it on). Now press and hold VOLUME UP, POWER and HOME until the Samsung logo appears. Scroll to Wipe data/factory reset by pressing the volume down button. Press the Power button to select this option. Scroll Yes to Delete all user data by pressing the volume down button and then power button to select.

The phone will now wipe all contents.

Press the power button on Reboot system now. The phone will reboot to initial setup now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like that might have worked. But I'll know when the set up is complete. What a pain..and this is a big problem with a number of users. Doesn't seem to be a virus but who knows

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

This is a bug that is coming from 3rd part apps.Samsung would be soon releasing updates to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we know what apps

In most cases, the culprit were the themes downloaded from Playstore.

Roger, don't forget to rate the chat positively. and do let me know if you have any query.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I won't forget. Just restarting everything

Thanks Roger, for the rating and bonus.