Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer

I have just bought a cordless phone model KX-TGJ 320E (4

I have just bought a cordless phone model KX-TGJ 320E (4 handsets)
I have set number of rings to 9;.
I have BT and use the 1571 and caller display, so how do I get rid of the automatic voice which cuts in instead of the ring tones. Yours David Davies.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean how do you stop the BT answering service from cutting in David?

Or for it to wait the 9 rings then cut in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the BT answering is fine. The automatic voice only operates on incoming calls just the ones which we have added to our "phonebook ." I can't find any mention of this "automatic " voice in the instruction book, and customer care phone takes at least 30 minutes to answer and the operator didn't know what I was talking about.

ok, sounds like you are referring to the Answering machine.

You can turn this off by following the instructions on page 36 of the manual here

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You were right, though the answering was turned of (neither my wife nor I need it, we are octogenarians and stuck in our ways)
I had not turned off all 4 handsets CODE hash 238, you would have thought the Panasonic lady could have worked that out!
Thanks very much anyway, Yours David Davies

Your most welcome David!