How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Pete Your Own Question
Pete, Engineer
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 19354
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Pete is online now

Had a Marconi 4 track tape recorder in the 60s which I taped

This answer was rated:

Had a Marconi 4 track tape recorder in the 60s which I taped family members on throughout the years but sadly sound has never worked properly for years now and have been unable to play. Although still have the old recorder don,t know if or where I could get fixed here in Edinburgh. Would prefer to get these recordings changed into CDs to pass on to family but again don't know anywhere here can do so either. Hope you can advice as very frustrated and do no want to throw out.

Hello Patricia,

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today.

There are a number of UK companies that can transfer your old recordings to disc for you.

For example, Video99 in Devon:


Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

you can reply back at any time for further assistance.



Pete and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you