Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My panasonic viera 4k tv does not appear compatible with sky

My panasonic viera 4k tv does not appear compatible with sky q 4k ultra output
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model tx-58ax802B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
picture appears intermittently are there settings I can change to resolve this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hd input 4 on tv is marked 4k but sky box does not recognise tv as compatible device

Hi Albert,

Are you using a good quality HDMI cable to connect the Sky box to the TV?

If the HDMI cable is low quality or damaged the display will appear intermittently.

Try using a different cable and let me know if that helps?

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried changing cable between one sky supplied me with , which they say is high quality and a cable of my own which is again hi spec one , no difference is effected .

Does the audio stay ok when the picture cuts out, or is it also affected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete , audio goes off also , I think sky q had an upgrade earlier this month in preparation for 4k which makes me thinkI purchased tv too early and it dos not operate the same parameters as required by sky , ..the story of my life ha
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps tv and sky software is up to date

Have you got the Sky Q 4K (UHD-ready) Silver box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Pete Yes , the latest one

The box and cable should be fine, so the problem is likely with the TV or how it is set up...

There are four HDMI ports available on the Panasonic TX-58AX802B.

However, only HDMI4 is 4K-capable. Which HDMI jack are you connected to?

Is the HDMI cable connected directly from the Sky Q box to the TV, or does it go through any other system, e.g. home theatre/sound system?

How long is the HDMI cable? It can suffer signal loss like this if it is over 10 metres long.

Are there any possible sources of interference nearby that could be affecting the signal through the HDMI cable - e.g. a cordless phone or a wireless router or fluorescent lighting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi cable 1.5 mtrs is connected to hdmi 4 nothing nearby with interference possibilities. And it is direct from sky q box to input 4

Do you have another 4K TV that you could test the setup with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,the pani is the only 4k in the house

Ok, since you have already tried a different cable then the next step would be to test the box with another TV.

Could you test it at someone else's house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To test box would require me to pair it with broadband and of course satellite signal which would be disruptive to any one who was helping . If there is any way you can get info from any contact you have at Panasonic I guess the problem lies with the tv. but unlike you I am no expert , . If I knew the set has not got the capabilities to cope with q output I will just have to accept it , but it would be nice to know for sure if that is the reason , sorry you have had to cope with this lengthy problem

You could check with Panasonic directly at:

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/contact-us.html