nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

I have a garmin nuvi 2569, serial No. 3Y1000732. I now wish

I have a garmin nuvi 2569, serial No. 3Y1000732. I now wish to upgrade and download maps of spain. It is correctly connected to the computer but will not let me proceed any further as the message come up 'threat detected'. Now what do I do?

Hi Lindsay. Welcome to justanswer.

Do you have any antivirus installed in your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an up to date version of e set

When you connect your Garmin device to your computer, do you see it under drive list?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
e-set says that the threat comes from the garmin device.

Which OS version are you using?

Can you choose Secure Remote Assistance so that I can connect to your system and resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you got my earlier reply, but I am now ready to try to resolve the problem.

Lindsay, you need to accept the offer so that I can start the session

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if that offer is going to cost me £22, that is not an option as I did not get a satisfactory resolution to the problem when I first submitted it.

Lindsay, I have dropped down the charge. Please accept the offer so that I can actually connect remotely to your system and resolve the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see that there is still a £9 charge

Can`t drop below it. If you don`t want this service. I will guide you through chat only.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now £6

Which operating system are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10

Do you see an icon of THIS PC on your desktop ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the sat nav is now disconnected. Should I plug it in again?

Yes plug it in and open This PC program

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done and nuvi device come up

When you are in This PC window, you will see your device there. Right click on Nuvi and select scan for viruses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO virus scan option come up

You right clicked, right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Will try that Have tried it and still no virus scan option

Click this link above and sign into your Garmin account

Do you have Garmin Express software on your system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure. My partner registered it and that info may be on her machine even though we have the same domain. And sods law dictates that she is out at the moment

I have kept the minimum fee for the you. Please accept it if you can as the solution will be quicker then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I will reluctantly accept this offer, but I see this as a garmin problem and it is with them that I tried to resolve the matter, I am now accepting the offer

Once you click this link below
A file will automatically get downloaded. Check your download section, a file named ELSINORE.SCREENCONNECT will be present. Just open that file so that I can connect to your computer.