nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

My Brother HL 2130 Laser printer won't 'take up' the paper.

My Brother HL 2130 Laser printer won't 'take up' the paper. It makes all the noises until when it usually starts printing, but then it stops and says error. When I open the toner flap and c;lose it goes back to start again and goes gthrough the process again until the 'take up' of the paper...... I have checked the paper and taken the toner out and put it back again...

Hi. Welcome to justanswer.

Tell me which LEDs are glowing. Is there any light which is not glowing .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the red error light. When I open the toner drawer and push it back ion it goes back to 'start' but then gets stck again at the paper uptake moment.

Put paper in the paper tray. Then press the Go button.

Is the error light still or is it flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just stays on 'error'. The only way it starts up is when I open and close the toner flap.

Is the error led blinking or is it still?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Turn off the printer. Cancel all the prints from the print queue if there are any. Then turn on the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK just doing it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done it. Now what?

Is the error light still on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says it's ready. Shall I try printing the doc. again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO. It says it's ready.

Yes but make sure that the paper source is main tray and not any other secondary tray

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?

Can you choose Secure Remote Assistance so that I can check and change that setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that ,mean that the whole cost for this session is £22 if I choose remote assistance?

No the charge for remote assistance would be extra.

I am reducing the rates if you want.

If you don`t want to pay extra then no problem I will guide you through this chat only.

Are you using Windows or Mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's stick to this. I have printed off a single sheet document and it worked. But the one I want to print is 13 pages and it has gone back to 'Error'... It is Windows

Cancel the print from the queue.

Are you using Wireless connection or usb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done... again (cancelled the 3 attempts that were queued up before, then tried a one page dpc. which worked but this one doesn't...)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why doers it go back to 'ready' when I open and close the toner drawer?

You need to make some changes on your Printing preferences. If I guide you through this chat it will be very long process. I am dropping the rates to minimum. Accept it if you can or we will go through the longer process

Once you click this link below
A file will automatically get downloaded. Check your download section, a file named ELSINORE.SCREENCONNECT will be present. Just open that file so that I can connect to your computer.

Click this blue text that says click here and then press Ctrl j (simultaneously) on your keyboard and a list will get opened. open the first file that you see on that list