How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Your Own Question
Shahid, Technician
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 12690
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Shahid is online now

Hallo. I want to connect my new TV (TX-40DS500B) to my Fi

This answer was rated:

Hallo. I want to connect my new TV (TX-40DS500B) to my Hi-Fi system, but there are no audio output sockets. I can use the 3.5mm earpiece jack socket, but the sound quality is not very good. What are my options please? Many thanks. ***** (Mr)

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Can you please get me the model number off of sound system?
This info will help me to see the options.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Shahid,
My Hi-fi system does not have a model name – it is made up of separate units. The main amplifier is an analogue Arcam Alpha 3 integrated stereo amplifier with 4 pairs of stereo input sockets (phono/RCA type); this drives a pair of KEF Concerto speakers. On my old (Sony) TV there was a pair of ‘audio out’ stereo sockets.

I understand, amplifier should have Digital Audio Input port to plug optical cable for sound signal as TV has Digital Audio Out port at rear that provides digital format audio signal through optical cable, if your amplifier doesn't have such input then you would need to use 'digital audio to analog audio converter device' between TV and amplifier. Please click following link to view converter device..

This device will get digital audio signals from TV through optical cable, converts it into analog audio signals that can be connected to amplifier through RCA type audio cable. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Shahid and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you