nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Samsung Galaxy G130. Since the beginning of August

I have a Samsung Galaxy young G130. Since the beginning of August I cannot receive emails I think it is the Sync that is disabled and I cannot re enable it no matter what I do, I have been to 2 x car phone warehouse shops and they cannot help.
I have a contract with talk talk, I contacted them first but as I am receiving my emails on my lap top it is not a talktalk problem - I do receive the internet on my phone so thats still working
Can you help???
Sue

Hi Sue. Welcome to justanswer.

Have you tried removing your account from the phone and then again setting it up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i do that ? as I am not too good with this? please explain so I can follow instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like you to do this by securely connect but I have just paid £27 would this add another £22????? or can you just email me through this ?
If you want remote assistance then you will have to pay more. Else I can guide you through this chat only.

First tell me which email account are you having issues with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have the 1 x email***@******.***

Go to Settings-Accounts. Do you see your talk talk account there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i go into email settings the email and user account are the same (as I have already told you) it says pop3 server mail.talktalk.net port 110 is that any help

Under email, select your account. Then go to Settings and scroll down. You will find REMOVE ACCOUNT. Select it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok done that

Now no account is there when you tap email, right?

Press Menu and tap Settings

Tap Accounts followed by Add Account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i tap email the screen says to configure email for most accounts in a few steps do i type back in my email address

Okay type in your email address and password ***** then select MANUAL SETUP

Then tap IMAP account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that, emails are coming through!! what do i do when i click on imap?

Your account has been setup now?

No need to click imap if your emails are coming through

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats great, thank goodness. How easy was that !! thank you very much for your info. But I am really annoyed that the car phone warehouse did not do or suggest that option, I thought they would know about some thing as simple as deleting an account and re typing it in again, !!!
Thank sue

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.

You are welcome Sue. I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Don't forget to rate the chat