Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer

My Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO Scanner has ceased to work,

My Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO Scanner has ceased to work, although it was okay yesterday!
I have uninstalled the software from my Desktop PC and I have the installation disk but nothing happens when I use it in an effort to reinstall my scanner. Please can you help?

Hi there and welcome

When you say nothing happens, are you meaning the software will not run when you put the disk in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's right.

Which version of windows are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10

Can you put the disk in, the press the windows key + E

In the new window that opens, click on This PC

Then click on the Disk drive and run the setup file there to do the installation.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I selected the options that you suggest and selected Disk Drive F Epson, is this correct?

yes that is correct, you run the setup file there please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But nothing has happened . . .

you need to click it then you double click the setup file please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Things appear to be happening and the installation seems to be underway . . .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please stay with me until the process is complete?

Perfect and of course

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is working through the menu . . .

ok, let me know when it is completed and if you can scan please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It ask me to register the product but it is already registered and I cannot access the Serial number (quickly) to provide that information, can I quit that step?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other option is to restart but that will close you down as well!!!

yes, you can skip it, you need to restart but then return to this webpage please (press CTRL + D) to add it to your favorites.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attempted to scan but I am receiving the same error message, 'use troubleshooter to determine problem?'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suspect I will have to restart in order for the programme to kick in? I have done the CTRL + D bit!

ok, please restart

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have restarted and the scanner appears to be operating okay, your assistance is appreciated. What was I doing wrong initially?

It was a corrupted driver and it needed to be reinstalled, it will be ok now

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit