nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

My computer has been 'blocked'. Alert says that have been

My computer has been 'blocked'. Alert says that have been infected with virus/spyware. Number to call to be talked through removal process is 0808(###) ###-#### Is this from Microsoft and genuine?

Hi Laurens. Welcome to justanswer.

Do NOT call that number. Do you have any anti virus on your computer?

Are you logged in into the same computer where you are seeing this scam message?

Once you click this link below on your computer
A file will automatically get downloaded. Check your download section, a file named ELSINORE.SCREENCONNECT will be present. Just open that file so that I can connect to your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am corresponding on my sister's laptop as mine is blocked

Click this blue text and run the file which is downloaded when you click it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tis has been downloaded to my sisters computer - not to mine. How do you get into mine to unblock?

Can you transfer that file via pendrive and open it on that computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have both computers here- corresponding with you on sisters. My computer is logged on. I can get up the downloads

You need to transfer this downloaded file named Elsinore.screenconnect and open that file on your computer which has been infected

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, do not have a clue as an elderly chap with limited ability on these things

Do you have a usb drive or any cd/dvd which can be used to transfer data from one computer to another?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Or can you access your email on your own computer?

Do one thing, open that file on your sister's computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This block will not let me into anything that requires internet access

No problem. I will tell you how you can remove it. open the downloaded file on your sister's computer

Hi Lauren, is everything working fine now?