How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Your Own Question
Shahid, Technician
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 12408
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Shahid is online now

I have a Kenwood multiple compact Disc player DFF-J3030. It

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a Kenwood multiple compact Disc player DFF-J3030. It is all working as it should except that the display is not lighting. I have been told I need a new control board for the display. Is there a way of buying one of these or is it possible to repair a board?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please reply back when you're available to provide you the info about what could be wrong and how to correct it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid
Thanks for your response. Have you any information for me on how I go about getting my Kenwood Compact Disk Player DPF-J3030 200 CD player display repaired,Look forward to hearing from you

Hi John,

Can you use multimeter to check volts/ components and do the soldering work to replace parts on circuit board?

This info will help me to assist you accordingly.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ShahidI don't have a multimeter and wouldn't know how to use one if i had. I also don't have parts for my CD player. I was hoping you could perhaps source a new circuit board or let me know who I could send the board to for repair.

Hello John,

Sorry about delayed reply because of different time regions I live in, replacement main board part number for this player is Kenwood J70-1360-11 but it may no longer available because of player age, however, it can be repaired on component level by local technician, this kind of problem occurs due to loss/ failure of -36V supply line and few parts such as transistor Q14, Q15 could be bad. I can provide you schematics of player that will help the local technician to repair the player. Please search your area to get local TV repair shops phone numbers and ask them if they are willing to do component level repair work.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ShahidIf I sent the board to you could you try to repair it?ThanksJohn

John, I wish I could do it, I'm in Asia.

Shahid and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you