nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

We bought a Moto G 3 a couple of months ago, then the SD

Customer Question

We bought a Moto G 3 a couple of months ago, then the SD card seemed to become full and it was not possible to take pictures anymore. We changed the SD card but the phone isn't recognising it and still is very slow and can't take pictures. It asks for a pass code and we are not aware of ever having had one.
Any ideas please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Some SD cards will not be supported, what was the make, model and size of the SD card you have installed and doesnt appear to be working?

With regards ***** ***** original SD card what size was this?

The phone should have a good 6 or more GB internal memory, if you just taking pictures it shouldn't be an issue, I would suggest you look to factory reset\wipe the phone as there sounds like there are alot of apps taking up space on the phone, which will get you back in a position where the phone can be used to take a few thousands pictures on the SD card.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Card us Samsung 32 evo.....mean anything to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

IS it a red or yellow colour SD card?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's red
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok so this is the Evo Plus, that model is compatible with the phone.

What error message do you get when you try and access it from the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Something like 'Samsung card not recognised,
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Ok and you have restarted the phone with the new card inserted?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

In terms of the security code try the default code 000000

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's been done. could the fact that somebody else borrowed it for a while make a difference?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the card I mean, not the phone....
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If the card was formatted in an unusual way that may be a reason, or maybe the card is faulty.

Normally the phone would try and reformat the card if it cant read it.

Are you able to test the SD card in another device (camera, tablet or phone)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my husband will try this now as he has a moto g4. In settings, we can go to 'put me here' which seems to be name for card slot and see that hardly any of that storage has been used, so must be reading it. But when using the camera, photos can't be saved to it automatically, which means none can be taken
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - he can read the card in the other phone - 29 gb of storage still available -photo taken but can't tell if this was anything to do with the SD card...(apparently he even has 1gb on hard drive, so surely even this should allow photo taking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He gets a message that internal memory is running out of space and needs to delete some files, despite 1.4gb still availableon hard drive/internal storage. Is there anything to do to actually set up the card in a particular way perhaps (e.g as internal or external storage)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bernadette, This is Nathan now.

Insert the sd card in your Moto g phone and format it from the phone. Once done then reply for further assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan Sorry I didn't see this until your email - we thought the call had been abandoned. We took the phone to technical support at J Lewis yesterday- seems to be working with completely new SD card, whereas any used ones we experimented with wouldn't work, so seems must have been the card. We were unable to re-format from the phone. Thanks anyway...B

That's great Bernadette that your problem is resolved. Please rate my service positively if you can by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel. Thanks and have a good day

Hi Bernadette, How did things turn out?