Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How much would it cost to have a back light put in my tv.It

how much would it cost to have a back light put in my tv.It is a 32" Bush HD Combi.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Carole, could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover of TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DLED32165Hddvd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;15 for back light. Is it easy to replace

How did you confirm it is backlight failure in TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I phoned After Sales phone number. Explained that I have lost my picture. I tried a couple of things,which he asked me to. Shone a light on the blank screen. Saw green wavy lines,so that is when he said about backlight.

If screen glows then it is not backlight failure.

Does TV won menu graphics appear when push menu button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did before it went totally black
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just checked the screen with torch and there is nothing,just black

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but I will do it now,get back to you in 10 minutes.

Sure, take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,the picture is still not coming on.

OK, does the screen glow/ show light inside when switch On TV power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only light I can see is on the front,to let me know it has come on.

Thanks for the info. "Shone a light on the blank screen. Saw green wavy lines," is very important info that indicates it is not backlight system failure, its rather main board internal failure that controls the backlight system and process video signal/ data for screen to make an image/ picture.

It needs to swap main board of TV to fix the problem, since TV is small TV so you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending time and money on this old one's repair because new 32 inch TV would be available in less amount as the prices has gone low. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. I will get a new tv.