Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a PanaTx-142et61b 42" TV. When I use the apps to get

I have a PanaTx-142et61b 42" TV. When I use the apps to get to the BBC Question Time, the program loads but before it can play , it disappears and returns to the ordinary TV program. Sometimes the attempt is successful. this also happens with other BBC programs
I have not found any problems when other apps are used. I have checked that my machine is up to date

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far this works well but I would like to try it for a few more days to make sure this is a permanent solution.I will contact you again in a few days

That is no problem, the question never actually closes, it is only I am compensated when you provide me a positive rating.

how is it operating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The result of out your procedure is that at first the system worked fine but when I tried it again about 2 hours later ,the trouble had returned.
Henry Horsewell

Thanks Henry

I would like you please to do a reset of the TV.

To do this, please follow the instructions on my link below

http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20638/~/how-do-i-reset-my-tv-to-all-factory-default-settings%3F

Once it has been resetted, set it up again and tell me how it then operates.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do as you suggest as soon as I can. I will need to get some help for this as I am 88 with poor eyesight. I will get help from a relative as soon as possible but it might take a few days.
Henry

No problem at all Henry, any problems please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I hve reset my TV and have been carring out checks at various times throughout yesterday I found that upt to abour 9.30 in the morning, the aps would not work. When i clicked on the ap either it returned to the TV or it progressed a bit further and then returned toTV.Between 9.30 and 4.30 several tests showed it was ok. Whih I treid at 6.30, It returned to tv instead of getting the programe. I tested a\gain at about 8.30 and 10.00 when it worked perfectly. Henry

Thanks Henry

Is it possible someone at your location is using a lot of the internet for downloading ect at this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the only user at this house. Also. the internet on my computer, whiches wireless works perfectly all the time. As a matter of interest, today the app worked well at 08.30 but I have tried it again at 13.00 and it was hopeless.

What is the make and model of hour wifi router?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ritchard My router is a BT Home Hub 5. Henry

On the back of it is a reset button, using a paperclip, hold the reset button in for 5 seconds then release.

Then wait 5 minutes for the reset to complete, use the TV and tell me how it then functions please.

Hi there

How did you go with my last instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I carried out your last instruction and I carried out tests over 2 days. Onthe first day, I had onefailure at !3.00 and one at20.15 out of 18 tests. On the second day,at00.15 there was one faiulure b ut at 15.20 I got a message BAD GATEWAY. I carried out more tests on three separate times which were OK. There were 17 tests that day.What does the bad gateway message mean?

It means the network card is not seeing the network.

It is the internal wifi card in the TV that has faulted, everything else is ruled out

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard I hvve spoken to ***** ***** my TV supplier and they say they have had a great many calls on this subject and it has always been when BBC iplayer is used and they say the fault is with b bc and n ot the tv.In my case. it only happened once so I an not going to take it furthur unless it reocurs.
Henry