Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I was watching my 5-year old TV (LG, 32 inch) on evening

I was watching my 5-year old TV (LG, 32 inch) on evening when suddenly a black horizontal strip appeared on the screen and when I tried to change the channel on the remote, the screen went black. There was nothing more I could do. But a red light stayed on in the lower right corner of the screen. If I switch off the TV and on again, all I get is the red light in the lower right corner.
How to wake up the TV?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MOdel No: 32LD490 - z8 Manufactured 2011
Not connected to any box or other devices.
It happened the first time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no more

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this and right now I did it again.
All I see is a blank black screen and the red light in the bottom right corner.

OK, what happens with power indicator light when press power button to switch On the TV?

Also, do you get program sound from TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What power indicator light?
NO sound at all.

The red light in the bottom right corner is what I'm referring as power indicator light.

What does it do when press power button to switch On the TV?
Does it go away or blink etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blinking. It stays on steady. Even when power is switched off, it takes time to fade and disappear.

ah OK, so TV doesn't try to switch On. I'm afraid it seems main board internal failure and main board replacement is needed to fix the issue, sorry about this news.

Main board replacement may cost you good money from local TV repair shop and you might consider to buy new replacement TV of same size in that amount. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you had no good news to give me.

I'm sorry, hardware failure in TV isn't good news at all.

I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for this trouble in TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If TV is dead, why does the red light still come on when the TV is switched on and stay on?

Red light turns On when main power supply switch On and main board has lots more other things to do such as video and audio signal processing, controls the backlight system inside screen, send video data to screen etc.