Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Galaxy S4 (rather old now) and the other day it

I have a Galaxy S4 (rather old now) and the other day it appeared that it had the voice recorder on, even though I did not put it on! When I checked, there were no voice recordings. Why is this happening? I have seen on some Android forums that this has happened to other people.

Hi there and welcome

Issues within the firmware can cause some apps to startup randomly.

Can you go to settings, applications manager, swipe to the list All and locate Google Services Framework.

Press it and press clear data.

Once done, restart the phone and tell me how it then functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never used the voice recorder before and have never noticed it happen before. It seemed odd that there were no recordings on the phone either - can you tell me why that would happen please? I was at work at the time, and it was a colleague that noticed it whilst I was away from my desk. They said they knocked my phone and the screen lit up and it had a microphone and timer showing.But as I say, when I returned and we checked the phone there was no evidence of it. So I'm trying to understand what happened, as I've read online that others have experienced similar issues.

Issues within the firmware can cause some apps to startup randomly and this is likely the cause of the problem.

It is nothing malicious

calling

Hi there

As discussed, the issue will be either there was a problem with the firmware and this can cause the phone to randomly load apps, which can cause this, though it would not cause it to start recording.

What has likely happened is by accident, as you handled the phone, you opened the record app and press record. It is very possible to do, people everyday have their phone do things by accident as the entire screen is in effect one big button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the firmware randomly opened the app - someone touching the phone or leaning on it could cause the recording to start?

yes, that would be possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or if it had randomly opened and i hsdnt noticed, could have inadvertently started it recording by handling the phone?Thank you. If my employer wished to speak to you to confirm anything, would that be OK- if they put a request through here?

Yes that could happen, if you pressed it there by accident

And yes that would be no problem for them to speak to me.