JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My Samsung led TV has developed a dark shading band starting

my Samsung led TV has developed a dark shading band starting from the middle of the right hand side of the screen, gradually disappearing towards the middle of the screen.
It looks like the date of manufacture was Sept 2014.
What can I do?

This is most certainly a hardware fault on the TV.

Samsung TV's are good quality units, and based on the age would suggest it is worth getting it repaired.

From the symptoms you have it suggests the T-Con board has developed a fault, this is responsible for controlling the image on the screen itself.

Your best bet is to locate a local TV repair centre as they can often repair the TV's far cheaper than sending it to a big hub \ central repair centre, if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend a local repair firm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, it all makes sense.
Our postcode is GU1 3SHjeff

Hi would highly recommend DS Budd on 01483 573955 or Teletech on 01483 799145, they have excellent feedback from customers who have been referred.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great, thanks. I know of DS Budd so will try them first.
Do you want feedback on what they say the problem is?

Yes do let me know what they say about the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. It won't be until next week.jeff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently the panel has gone, not worth repairing. It's usable but irritating, 2 1/2 years old. Don't buy Samsung.