Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.

I have a Canon Pixma MG5250 printer - probably 6 years old

I have a Canon Pixma MG5250 printer - probably 6 years old and fine until now. Printer error message has appeared on it headed c000 telling me to switch off/on and if not working to consult manual. Done all that (manual has no ref to C000
Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Pixma MG5250 at least 6 years old
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yesterday. Have unplugged and left overnight, tried simple off/on both yesterday and now but no result
Assistant: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, c000 means that an internal error has occurred which may be resolved by resetting the printer.

Please follow these steps for isolating and resetting the printer:

1. Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).

2. Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.

3. Make sure all packing materials have been removed.

4. Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer.

5. Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.

6. Close the front cover and turn the printer off.

7. Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after five minutes.

8. Power on the printer.

If the error returns, the printer will require servicing or replacement.

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.