Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.

Korg 01/Wfd. Cant import programs/combinations into cubase

korg 01/Wfd. Cant import programs/combinations into cubase elements9. Midi input activity but no sounds

Hi there,

Are you getting an error message when you try to import?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I try to import, an empty folder is shown asking for a steinberg xml file (.xml). I've tried switching local on and off on the visible response

Ok, so it is unable to detect any valid files.. are you certain that the files exist and that they are in the correct format?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi looks like the xml file type I'm looking for doesnt exist in this program or exists in another format.Some info about the setup I have which is all new, as follows : Asus Zen desktop 2N220ICUT - Steinberg UR242 Midi/Audio Interface with Cubase LE AI Elements 9 bundled with it + Korg 01/W synth. The korg produces all its onboard sounds in both program and combination banks when not connected to pc.It also produces sounds in cubase using HalionSE + Groove Agent,which I have recorded and edited. On setup [Korg] I did the following: Opened Device Manager - Selected 01/W [which is listed] - all banks of programs/combinations are shown and can be selected from the Inspector in project window. The 'local on/off' is set to off on the Korg when using cubase. Is the missing link this file type we can't find? What do you suggest?

If you know the filename can you do a search for it and locate it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete.I have searched - as follows: Program files- Cubase elements9- Scripts- Patchnames- [folder labelled 'Inactive'] - Korg 01/W which is a txt.doc. All voice names are ***** ***** still cant play the Korg sounds into Cubase.I will be out until 5.30 if you can contact me later.

Ok, a txt.doc file is not the correct one.

What operating system are you using?

Have you tried searching for all .xml files on your machine?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Win10 and I didnt find any xml files last night

Ok, if you are sure that the files do not exist then that is why there are no sounds.

Do you have a backup of the files?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No,this is a recent install of the Korg to run in cubase ,so I assume settings within the keyboard are incorrect.On the keyboard I have tried local on + off and still no sound but Midi activity when Local is off