Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.

I have a Panasonic TX-48cx400B tv that has just made a noise

I have a Panasonic TX-48cx400B tv that has just made a noise now the power comes on a nd goes off and there is no picture
What is the status of the power/standby light?
Does it show a pattern of blinks?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The power light comes on shows red stable push power button again flashes as if tv coming on no picture screen black after a few seconds power switches off
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete
Did you manage to come up with any solutions to the problem the TV is only 14 months old I tried the TV again this morning but power still coming on stable then flashes when power button pressed again no picture then power goes off again.

Ok, so no picture or audio?

There is a fault with the power supply board inside the TV - it will need to be replaced.

Is this something you plan on repairing yourself?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HiThank you for the info I think I will call Panasonic tomorrow as the tv should last a lot longer than 14 months so I will make a complaint to them as I feel they should fix or replace it as it looks like this could have been a fault that was there when tv under warranty.
Is this an expensive fault to repair including parts and labour

Yes, well at least you are still within the 2 year warranty period so any repair or replacement is free :)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
According to Tesco Direct it only comes with a one year warranty

They will try to tell you that, however all electronic goods purchased anywhere in the UK or EU come with a minimum 2 year guarantee - you may need to inform Tesco about this as they may not be aware of it, but you are protected by this law:

The cost of this type of repair is typically around £100 to £150 for the board and £50 to fit i t.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the info you have been so helpful I will go and rate you now.

Thanks very much, have a good day!