Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a staker hify system complete with turn table, it has

I have a staker hify system complete with turn table, it has always been in perfect working order. I had to move the system whilst decorating,
No sound, checking found the 8 cable sound connection had been pulled out, reconnected still now sound,
I think the the cables were damaged when it was pulled from its connection
think may be need a new 8 cable connection, question where do I get one

Could you provide the make and model number of your HiFi please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Technics system, I have had from new, fantastic sound, was all working, until I moved it for decorating,
having moved, the 8 pin cable, around 1.5 ft in length, this cable got trapped under the unit, thus pulled out from lower connection
I have had this system between 30 and35 years, the paper work for this I can not find
I will list all info on each unit
technics LW/MW/FM ST-X999L
Digital integraiel amplifier SU-X955 Digital optical link NEWCLASS A
Compact disc player SL-PJ46A, 20/IC. 18 Bit
Sterio double cassette deck RS-980All working, BUT no sound, Have looked local for new 8pin cable link, no luck to date
I think if this cable was replaced all would be okay, hope you can advise where I can get one
Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been checking to see if i can see what yoi say it could be, can not see picture, but i think you could be right, if so i need info where to get one
Thank you gor you assistance, much n
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have still not found a connecting cable, but I am still looking, also if I can find a company to make a copy of the one I have
I am not an expert with the computer, okay with emails, banks, booking a flight.
but I am improving with your help, thank you for that appreciated, thank you again
If you do find out something please tell me,

Sorry, I can't find one.

Maybe if you look on eBay you will find a system the same as yours and you could buy the whole stack (minus deck and speakers) fairly cheaply.

Best Regards,

Rich