Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When printing text every three or four lines scrambled. when

When printing text every three or four lines scrambled. when copying vertical lines on page

Hi there Sandy and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the printer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
epson printer XP 215

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
colour copying fine, black & white still shows lines

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the print heads don't stop long enough in position to enable me to remove cartridges (I am 96 years old!!)

When it is in the middle, remove the power cable from the power socket and it will then stop

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
YIPPEE!!! That seems to have done it!!! Thank you Richard for your patients, Sandy

You are welcome!