How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI, Technician
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 2227
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
JamesI is online now

I am after a SAMSUNG IR ExTender Cable. This is to connect

This answer was rated:

I am after a SAMSUNG IR ExTender Cable. This is to connect the TV Control Box to my Samsung Sound Bar?
I would be most grateful if you could please advise which one I need?Many thanks. *****

Hi Des, do you mean your wanting a fibre optic cable to connect the sound bar to your TV?

What is the model number of the TV and Soundbar, as most let you use HDMI cables via ARC to connect the two together.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Samsung tv is two years old it’s a curve screen tv. The Sonny Bar also a curve one.
The sound bar has a pin type connection, for a IR extender cable.

The optical audio cable can be picked up from Maplin tomorrow, this is a standard cable type, you can find it here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Excellent service.

Appreciate if you click the star rating on this page, so I can close the query.

Have a good evening.


JamesI and 2 other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you