JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Blu-ray disc recorder DMR-BS850EB model.I have been

I have a Blu-ray disc recorder DMR-BS850EB model.I have been trying to record from the programme but after inserting all the details of any programme I get a box on the screen saying "Timer programme setting was unsuccessful" Help!

What program are you trying to record and from what media?

Its worth resetting the unit to factory shipping conditions via the setup menu, as over time the device can get confused.

Let know outcome of the factory reset

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried to record various programmes on Freesat on to the recorder's hard disc

Is the time and date set correctly on the timer, and does the destination source show as HDD?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
to both questions

Ok, reset the device and let me know if the fault continues.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry to seem dim but how do I do a factory reset?

A copy of you manual can be downloaded here.

Press the function menu > select others using the down arrow key then press ok > select Initialise and press ok > Select factory shipping then press ok > select Yes using the left arrow key then press ok

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Problem solved,thank you.

Great, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.