JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Zanussi Electrolux washing machine/tumble drier.

I have a Zanussi Electrolux washing machine/tumble drier. When I set it one washing it starts and then stops after a few seconds

Ok, what lights / numbers are shown on the control panel, can you also advise of the model number which can be found on the inside of the washer door.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It’s a zanussi model Zwd12270w. All of the normal lights are operating and runs for a few seconds and then seems to end itself with no provocation
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello are you able to respond?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The answer to your question is all lights are on as normal, including timing of wash, however it stops without provocation after a few seconds
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Model number is ***** 12270W

Hi Sharrene sorry for delay in responding I had to step away from the computer.

I have tried to call but it appears your currently unavailable, do let me know of a suitable time to call.

With regard to the info provided I will have a look through your specific model and reply back here as to next steps to fault find.

The fact it just stops and doesnt proceed suggests a fault with the PCB, have you tried leaving it for 30 minutes and going back to it and it still showing the exact same on the control panel.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried all of that. I have switched it off etc and retried it, walked away and gone back to it an hour later

Right this points to a PCB failure let me have a look into part availability and see what other testing we can do to prove its a fault on the PCB;

Ok, if it was an inlet valve fault I would expect it to show an error code in the display.

When it stops after a few seconds are any lights flashing on the control panel, and does the door remain locked?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No error or messages just the time remaining, the door can be opened

Ok, lets try and get it into diagnostic mode.

Turn the dial to the off position.

Hold the start button and the one to the left of it down together.

While holding down the two buttons above turn the dial one click clockwise.

Release the two buttons, then turn the dial the last option before Off

What is shown on the display?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
eD4 issue apparently. Sorry I got caught up on conference calls
the display shows ed4? What happens when you turn the dial to first click passed off then back to off. Does the washer start the program?