JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Panasonic TX-P42V20B that will not switch on from

I have a Panasonic TX-P42V20B that will not switch on from Standby! I have changed the batteries for the remote made no difference

Does the standby light flash when you press the power button on the remote, and is the same fault present when using the power button on the back/side of the tv?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Been checking other faults and manuals and they all point to blown board

Does the standby light flash when you go to turn the TV on or just stay solid red?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Stays red, and flashes when using the remote

I have another engagement for an hour or so, however will open this to other experts to assist if they dont get back to you then I will come back to you and give you a call if this is ok.

From what you have suggested this points towards a hardware fault on the main power supply board.

To verify this is the case remove the TV from the power socket for around 15 minutes, plug it back in while holding down the rear power button on the TV for 30 seconds, then see if the TV will come on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Done that same result

Hi Al, it appears no other experts were available in my absence.

I have tried to call you back but no answer so will refund you for the call in the absence of being able to call you.

The power cycle proves that the fault is with the main power board, are you able to advise how old the TV is?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Around 5 years

Your looking at around £120 for repair, based on the age of the TV (average life expectancy being around 8 years), I would suggest you put the money towards a replacement, however if you would prefer to opt for repair please provide your postcode and I can recommend a local engineer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
EH12 5HJThanks
I would suggest you contact TVRS on***********
Appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page.