carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Sony Discman D-250 which when plugged in works for

I have a Sony Discman D-250 which when plugged in works for 1-2 minutes only then keeps cutting out and stoping. I think something has failed, as it had not be used for 4-5 years recently
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Sony Discman D-250. Serial No 117276. Must be 25 years old at least!
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only remembered its existence recently and had not used it for 6-8 years, but when connected up to the mains, it started up correctly but then dies out after 1-2 minutes of operating
Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just trying to find someone who may be able to have a look at it and see whether it can be repaired?

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I suspect the problem is down to the power supply fault it sounds like it is going into a protect mode to prevent further damage to the electronics. If you could send me your postcode I will see if I can find someone local who you could contact to see if they can have a look at it for you.

​If it can repaired to component level I would estimate a repair cost of £40 -£80

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for that information. I am very grateful for your response/reply. My postcode is AL1 1JL

Here is a link to a local engineer. Hopefully he will be able to help you.

http://www.colebournelectronics.co.uk/contact.html