carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My Epson XP-342 automatically switches off the power after

My Epson XP-342 automatically switches off the power after half an hour or so. How do I keep it permanently on, ready to print?

HI,

​My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Normally the printer will go to sleep after an hour and when you send a print to it, the printer will wake up and print. What happens on your computer when you send a print to the printer when it is in sleep mode.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Carl, thanks for that. But it doesn’t wake up when I send a print. I have to go to the printer and power it on. How do I change the setting from auto switch off to sleep?

I have attached a link to Epson with pictures on how to adjust the sleep settings.https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CF28201~faq-0000604-xp340

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Carl! It worked and you are a hero! Many thanks.
Jennie