Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Pioneer DVR-RT601H-S purchased in 2005. It has

Hi, I have a Pioneer DVR-RT601H-S purchased in 2005. It has performed marvellously up till now. However, I have just upgraded my Virgin TV service and the new TIVO box, unlike its predesessor, no longer has a SCART socket. This means that whilst I can still play DVD's I can no longer record on to the DVR. Short of reverting to the old model TIVO box, is there any way you can convert my DVR - internally or by bespoke leads - so that it can connect to an HDMI socket on the TV?

It should be possible to get a SCART to HDMI or HDMI to SCART adapter, but would like to clarify which you need.

Do you need HDMI from Tivo to SCART on DVR? (you also mention connecting to HDMI on TV?)

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rich,The only AV ports on the DVR are in SCART format. What I need is a means to convert the HDMI signal from the TV so that it can connect with a SCART socket on the DVR.Kind regards,Mike (Kenneth)

Hi Mike,

I thought the problem was because of the new Tivo box?

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Mike,

Also meant to say that depending on which Tivo box you have you might be able to record to that, e.g.

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/TiVo_quick_guide.pdf

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Mike,

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich