JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.

Fishman electronics fitted as standard to Camps Electro

Customer Question

Fishman electronics fitted as standard to Camps Electro Acoustic Flamenco Guitar F11C. 6 individual Piezos at bridge plus gooseneck mic internally.
No output from mic at all - pressed the small phase button up and down a few times and the sound came back. The only way I can get things to operate now is to tape down the phase button.
Is there a known problem? The guitar is just 2 years old.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

I see you raised the question some time ago do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
i’ve already paid £22 for an answer!
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I’ve already paid £22 for an answer via Paypal!
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Hi John,

There is no additional charge to answer the question you need not worry about that, you may be seeing an automated advert for a phone call (but this is just an option, and note required for me to answer your query).

Give me a short while to double check the known error database.

Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

It suggests the phase button may be faulty or the wiring to it being faulty. Its very unusual for faults to crop up in the first couple of years, I have checked and there are no known issues logged on checking the engineer portal relating to this setup. It may just be the switch was faulty when fitted or has been knocked in transport which has made it intermittent.

A new switch would cost less than £5 in parts, and can be fitted by most electrical engineers music repair centres, but wouldnt be covered under a warranty repair.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks. It is a minute integrated microswitch which is not possible to access without risk of damage to the guitar :( I’m just going to try switch cleaner.
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

The switch is showing as a serviceable part, so there must be a way to access the switch, PTFE spray or switch cleaner may work but would think its likely a mechanical failure based on it going faulty early on.

Let me know how you get on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you James. The most useful info you could give me is a supplier for the switch. There are multiple variations of the unit and this model has a very tiny on-board push to make/break changeover switch. Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

You would need to strip it down and look up the switch in rapid electronics or rs components. They don't provide the part number at the indervidual component level.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok that’s all - thanks for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

No problem