Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

ITEM 1. TV set is constantly on with now programme vision or

ITEM 1.
TV set is constantly on with now programme vision or sound.
The little green light only goes off when switched off from side of set. No little red light.
No response from Remote control.
Just before complete loss of control (a few days), the set would turn itself off mid programme and only be reactivated after a few seconds by using remote buttons.
ITEM 2.
Recorder unit will not designate "channel" when trying to set recording. Number, time and programme ok, requested channel will not be set therefore programme missed.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have completed the method you suggest several times, even when the TV is either on or off when the power is returned the little green light comes on and nothing else happens. Not even the little red light.