JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad purchased in March 2017. One of my

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad purchased in March 2017. One of my IT colleagues noticed a partial blue line at the top of my screen which he thinks is a broken pixel or damaged screen. Please advise how best to proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please call me on +44 7818 454175

Good afternoon my name is James.

Is the blue line going left/right or up/down, and are you able to attach a picture of the screen showing the line?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The blue line goes left to right at the top of the screen and half way along

This is a damaged screen you have a parcel crack within the screen which is causing the issue, there isnt any repair option other than a replacement screen.

A replacement screen is rather involved and takes approx an hour to strip the old one out feed the new cables back in and secure the new screen in place. The cost of a screen is often more than a second hand replacement so you may wish to considering not repairing it.

Please let me know if there is anything further you require.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I make a warranty claim against Lenovo and how do I go about this?

This would most likely be unsuccessful as cracked screens would often be seen as 'accidental damage'.

However it can only be proven if the screen had been twisted and cracked by stripping down the display bezel, and that act would void the warranty and often puts a lot of pressure on the screen anyway from my experience.

Did you take out extended or additional warranty out or just the standard shipping\1 year return to base warranty?