Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

We have an infocus 5144 model giving 5500 ansi lumens. it

Customer Question

we have an infocus 5144 model giving 5500 ansi lumens. it was purchased in April 2014 and is fitted with a long throw lens to project onto an 8 ft x 6ft screen 10 m away.
for sometime now we have had a problem with the quality of the the display of black text as it is very faint and can't be read easily. it is used in a church only on Sundays and when the sun is shining or the lights are on it is difficult to read the text
any suggestions pleaseRodney
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 5 months ago.

Hi Rodney,

If the text used to be readable and nothing has changed in the setup or content being displayed (font size, bold setting, etc), then I think the most likely cause is the bulb, because as the bulb ages its brightness reduces and so you may no longer be getting 5500 lumens that you used to. As an example there is a graph which shows this here:

http://www.avbend.com/blog/clear-advantage-for-lamp-free-projectors-in-the-21st-century/

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the hours of use of the bulb is only low compered to the amount specified by the manufacturer.
Nevertheless less i will buy a new bulb try it out and get back to you. Do you have a recommendation as to the best place to buy a bulb

Hi Rodney,

I don't really have a recommended supplier, but you can see Infocus's authorised UK resellers here:

https://www.infocus.com/reseller-locator

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Richard for the reply. I have changed the bulb and all is good, although the new bulb after 10 hours suddenly exploded, and the supplier is sending me a replacement under warranty
rodney

Hi Rodney,

Glad to hear that a new bulb cures the problem

I hope my answer was helpful, if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich