JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Nokia 300 mobile phone & have inadvertently locked

I have a Nokia 300 mobile phone & have inadvertently locked it, as i haven't a pin no to unlock it can you help without it being restored to factory settings?

Hi Sandra what is the exact wording on the phone when it asks for the PIN (I ask as there are a number of different types of PINs)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Enter PIN code:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My home phone no. is 01302 538393
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you help?

Hi Sandra these devices do not run Android as such you need to generate a master code, its designed as a security/anti theft feature.

If you remove the batter it will give you the IMEI for the phone, one you have that go here and see if it will generate you the code, let me know how you get on

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I removed the battery & there is no such number visible.

It sounds like the label has come away, do you have the original packaging the phone came in, or the receipt?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no i no longer have either.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any suggestions?

Then your only option is to take the phone to a Nokia repair centre where they have software to wipe the phone, if you send me your postcode I can direct you to the nearest centre.

Please let me know if you still require me to call you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No i don't need you to call me thanks.